Friday, May 21, 2004

Boomers

Boomers need to get over themselves and stop being so self obsessed.

I am afraid that what has happened is that Boomers such as myself have sown the wind, and now we are reaping the whirlwind in the generation right behind us.


I'm 34, right smack dab in the middle of the supposed Generation X. My parents are 81 and 73. (Both Nuclear Physicists for the record. Seriously). I attribute whatever successes I have in live to the fact that I wasn't raised by boomers.

If Boomers have taught our generation anything, it is that whining, bitching, and singing protest songs accomplishes very little. Gen-X isn't categorized by Kurt Cobain. Gen-X is categorized by lots of people quietly building very successful lives, raising good kids, and trying to do some good in the world.

Pre-geriatrix ex-hippies (at least those in America) need to realize that WE are gonna be supporting YOU when You retire. And WE are pissed off about it.

Now have a great day!

No comments: