Saturday, May 15, 2004

dude, where's my sidebar?

Where the fuck did a large chunk of my sidebar go? It seems to have disappeared. When I look at the HTML template, I see NOTHING beneath the John Kerry Sex Scandal link.

The funny thing is that my SiteMeter is STILL COUNTING HITS, even though the HTML for the SiteMeter is no longer in my template. We've got some ghostly business going on here. I suspect Blogger's experiencing yet another quirk, because I sure as hell didn't erase a third of my sidebar. Fuck fucking Blogger.

Here's the experiment: I'm gonna go to sleep now. I'll wake up in a few hours and see whether the SiteMeter is still counting hits. If it is, then this probably means that the missing HTML isn't really missing; it's just been "hidden," for whatever goddamn reason. If that's the case, then I'll wait and see whether the HTML (and by extension, the bottom of my sidebar) doesn't reappear on its own. If it doesn't... we have to rebuild my template. If the SiteMeter doesn't continue counting while I'm asleep... same deal: rebuild.

FUCK!

_

No comments: